Nursery and Reception
In the Foundation stage we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
We plan an exciting and challenging curriculum based on our observations of children’s needs interests and stages of development across the seven areas of learning to enable children to achieve their full potential. The curriculum for the Foundation Stage will underpin all future learning by supporting, fostering, promoting and developing children’s development in the 7 areas of learning. There are 3 prime areas and 4 specific areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language Development
- Physical Development
- Mathematical Development
- Understanding of the World
- Literacy Development
- Expressive Arts and Design
- To provide a secure and stimulating environment where everybody’s achievements and contributions are valued in an atmosphere of praise and encouragement.
- To develop each child to his or her full potential.
- To have high expectations of achievement and behaviour in an organized environment.
- To provide challenges, experiences and opportunities that are fun, exciting and age appropriate.
- To develop caring confident people with responsible attitudes towards themselves and others in the world we live.
- To create an environment where all children with all disabilities are welcomed and sensitively integrated as important members of our school.
- To build on children’s prior learning.
- To ensure that there are equal opportunities for all children regardless of ethnicity, culture, religion, home language, family background, special educational needs, disability, gender or ability.
- To allow children to explore, experiment, plan and make decisions for themselves, thus enabling them to learn, develop and make progress.
Across Nursery and Reception We operate a free flow garden policy where children can access the garden freely throughout the session/day.
We value the fact that parents are the children’s first teachers. With this in mind, parents are encouraged to become involved in all aspects of their children’s learning and we aim to work alongside you in the development of your child.
During each term Nursery and Reception children have the opportunity to go on a school trip connected to one of that term’s topics.